Frequently Asked Questions
All children must be at least three years, and four years old by September 1.
Our preschool hours are: 8:45-12:00 for morning pre-kindergarten classes. The 3 year old class hours are: 8:45 – 11:15 a.m.
Our teacher-student ratios are 2:12 for Threes class and 2:14 or 3:21 for PreK classes. All staff is CPR and First Aid certified.
Our curriculum ensures that each age group participates in daily activities that enhance the following developmental domains:
- Social Skills/Emotional Growth – Development of self-worth, self-esteem, self-control, empathy, and cooperation
- Creative/Artistic Experience – Appreciation of art, drama, music, and nature
- Physical Activity – Large and fine motor skills
- Cognitive Skills – Thinking abilities, including decision making, judgment, analysis and readiness skills
- Language Development – Expressive and receptive language abilities
- Health Education – Encourage independence in washing hands, toileting, and safety
Friend-Ship Preschool is a nine-month program, we begin after Labor Day and conclude prior to Memorial Day. We use Rapid City Area Schools calendar as a guide for holiday breaks. Families receive a newsletter and calendar each month highlighting important information.
Friend-Ship Preschool is a ministry of South Canyon Lutheran Church. Our education stresses the values of kindness, love, and respect for others consistent with the Christian faith. There is a daily prayer before snack, monthly Bible stories, Holiday celebrations, and visits by our pastor and church music director.
Yes, children need to be able to independently use the restroom.